Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sparkly Silhouette

Like I said the other day, I really like Basic Black and Purely Pomegranate together. When I saw that today's color challenge on SCS was to use those two colors plus Basic Gray, I knew I had to give it a try, even though I'd be pressed for time with a meeting after work this evening.

I was able to pull together this entire card between coming home from work to let Cosmo the crazy dog out and heading back to my meeting. Why can't I work this quickly all the time??? I used another one of the silhouette flower images from Starving Artistamps here. This time, I stamped the dandelion image several times with Basic Gray ink on Basic Gray cardstock. Then, I stamped the same image in white Staz-on ink on a piece of acetate. The acetate is layered on top of the Basic Gray panel and held in place by tiny glue dots placed under the stamped image. I used some Stickles to cover the flower part (yes, I know a dandelion is really a weed, even with my very limited gardening skills . . .) of the image--it is so pretty and sparkly IRL!

In addition to the bling on the flower, I placed a scalloped strip along one edge of the image panel. This was a last-minute addition to the card, after I got home from the meeting. I also used a photo corner, embellished with some rhinestone brads, at the image's corner.

The layout is a pretty simple one that I've used (or used variations of) before. I used SA's pretty background, also stamped tone on tone, to add some interest to the gray panel on the cardfront. A piece of wide pomegranate satin ribbon finished off the card.

Materials Used:
large floral silhouette image (FS-1), pretty background (Starving Artistamps); Basic Gray Classic ink, White Staz-on ink, Basic Gray, Basic Black, and Purely Pomegranate cardstock, glue dots, corner rounder, photo corner punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Star Dust Stickles (Ranger); rhinestone brads (Making Memories); acetate

4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning, Lori!!! You did a fabulous job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to tell ya', you've been tagged! Details on my blog . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Your layout is so gorgeous & I love that the flower (when a dandelion looks this good it can't be a weed) is sparkly. LOVE the repeated shadows of the dandelions. :0) Mel

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips