Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Star Sketch

For today's SCS sketch challenge, I turned to one of my favorite sets from the current SU! Occasions mini catalog, In the Stars. I think this set's large star and inspirational sentiment will be great to use for graduation cards--I guess that's on my mind since I'll be finishing graduate school (finally!) this summer . . . This is such an easy set to use with clean and simple card layouts. Here, I combined it with patterned papers for a quick card.

I stamped the large star image in Summer Sun ink and highlighted the large star within the image with a clear glitter pen. I stamped the smaller dotted star in Pumpkin Pie ink, then cut both stars out. They're attached to a pair of circles punched out (yes, punched out) with my Marvy Uchida nested punches. I added some piercing to the edges of the scalloped circle to go along with the dots in the small star image.

The patterned paper was the inspiration for this card's colors. It's from the Nana's Kids pad from DCWV. The paper has a row of glittery stars and I made sure to cut the pieces so that I could get more than one row of stars in the panel. I layered the panels on coordinating mats and added a pair of silver star brads to one of the panels.

I tied a piece of Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon around the cardfront. The star panel is attached over the ribbon using dimensionals.

Materials Used:
In the Stars stamp set, Summer Sun and Pumpkin Pie Classic inks, Brocade Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, Apricot Appeal, and Whisper White cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, Pumpkin Pie grosgrain, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); star brads (Joann); clear glitter pen (Copic); patterned paper (DCWV's Nana's Kids pad); circle and scalloped circle punch (Marvy Uchida)

7 comments:

  1. cute, cute card...great job with the sketch!!1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, now I want the In The Stars set. I didn't think much of it until I saw this card; how versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely gorgeous! love the colors and paper combo! great job on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the sketch ! I like the colours you chose.

    You've been tagged ! Jump over to my blog for all the details ! Congratulations !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this card!! Very great take on the sketch! Colours are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Card!!
    The colors are great...
    bright and cheerful!!
    I love your paper...the layout
    is wonderful..
    I have..and Love this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips