Thursday, March 27, 2008

Two Ways to Spray

Today's ways to use it challenge on SCS was to use some kind of "spray" technique on your card. I incorporated two different ways here--one neat and clean, and one kind of messy.

I picked my colors for this card based on the DCWV striped paper. Mellow Moss and Bravo Burgundy are colors that I don't use often, so this was a good change of pace for me.

I used a floral silhouette image from Starving Artistamps for the card's focal image. I colored directly on the stamp with Copic markers, then spritzed the stamp with a little rubbing alcohol (just enough to dampen it and to send the dog away, sneezing . . .). I stamped the image on Papertrey's white cardstock because of its heavy weight.


After stamping the image, I spritzed it with some bronze Glimmer Mist. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to use Glimmer Mist. I now realize it needs to be shaken up really well before using it to minimize "blobs" when you spray.
It's also kind of messy, so I've learned to put my stamped image in a plastic container to spray. This minimizes the mess and eliminates the un-glimmered spots that you can get if you hold the image by your fingertips (another lesson learned . . .).
I mentioned using heavy paper for the image and this is important because the heavier paper reduces the amount of curling at the edges as the image dries.

I used the ticket corner punch on the edges of the image and the burgundy mat. I rubbed a little Creamy Caramel ink along the panel edges, too. I layered this on a Mellow Moss panel with distressed edges and added some pearly Dew Drops to the corners. This made an elegant accent for the floral image. I took a closeup photo so you can hopefully see the pretty shimmer from the Glimmer Mist.


Materials Used:
large floral silhouette image (FS-9) and pretty background (Starving Artistamps); Creamy Caramel and Bravo Burgundy Classic inks, Bravo Burgundy and Mellow Moss cardstock, ticket corner punch, distressing tool, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); markers (Copic Ciao); moss satin ribbon (Michaels dollar bin); Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps); patterned paper (DCWV Fall Mat Stack); bronze Glimmer Mist

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Lori! I love the DP and image you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning, Lori! I might have to look into that Glimmer Mist - very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips