Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Shabby Stripes Hydrangea

I made this card for Mary Jo's weekly sketch challenge. This is such a great sketch with so many possibilities--definitely one I'll turn to again.

I picked up this shabby-looking striped paper on sale at Michaels with the hydrangea image from Kitchen Sink Stamps in mind. I "borrowed" the color combo from fellow Kitchen Sink crew member Julie (thanks!). It was a perfect match for the paper's colors.

I stamped the sentiment directly on the patterned paper using Sahara Sand ink. The sentiment is from the Whole Family stamp set from Kitchen Sink Stamps. I actually combined 3 separate stamps to create my sentiment. One said "For a," one said "Very Special," and the last said, "Mother." I omitted the word "very" due to space. Using clear stamps makes this so easy to do. I added a ribbon around the panel and a few copper brads to fill in the open space on the top left corner. So pretty!

Materials Used:
Blush Blossom, Certainly Celery, Perfect Plum, Mellow Moss, Sahara Sand Classic inks, Certainly Celery, Sahara Sand, and Shimmery White cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Sweet Blush Palette ink, Sweet Blush cardstock (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (Provo Craft's Soft Serenity-Mauve Stripe); copper brads (Making Memories); ivory satin ribbon (Target); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities)

10 comments:

  1. This sure is pretty. That stamp is gorgeous and I love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Lori! I have ordered this hydrangea set and can hardly wait to ink it up! I hope I do it justice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been admiring that set for a bit it is just beautiful. Great card Lori, thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These colors are so soft and beautiful! I love that DP and that stamp has so much dimension! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  5. How gorgeous! Love the details on those flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lori, it gorgeous!! I love the soft colors and layout

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty stamp Lori! Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Lori! It is so soft.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, love what you did with that stamp and your colors and paper this is such an awesome card.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips