Monday, April 21, 2008

Back to Blue and Brown

Here's another card in a blue and brown color combo. This one's a slightly different take on the combo, though. I went with a rich teal blue here. I still like it! And, there's not one single bit of white cardstock to be found on this card--kind of unusual for me.

I used Mercy's sketch challenge to create this card. I thought the big swirl image from Baroque Motifs would fit the large panel on the sketch nicely--and it did. Since it's not my usual style, I'm still figuring out how to use the images in this set. I stamped the swirl in Close to Cocoa craft ink on Soft Sky cardstock. I love the look of craft inks on a light colored cardstock background! I added some flowers using the darker teal ink for some contrast. Then, I put a small rhinestone at the center of each flower. The sentiment fit perfectly in the lower right corner of the panel.

I used a scrap of dotted Close to Cocoa patterned paper behind the swirl panel. I like the two-toned color of the pattern on this paper. I added some rhinestone brads to the left side of the card to finish it off. This was a fun sketch to work with. I'm looking forward to seeing the sketch that Mercy has to share for this week.

Materials Used:
Baroque Motifs stamp set, Taken with Teal Classic ink, Close to Cocoa Craft ink, Taken with Teal, Soft Sky, Close to Cocoa, and Chocolate Chip cardstock, Close to Cocoa Prints Series designer paper, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); small rhinestones (Walmart); clear rhinestone brads (Making Memories)

3 comments:

  1. absolutely beautiful, lori...i love what you've done with the sketch! it is so crisp and classy.

    thanks so much for playing, and i hope you'll join in tomorrow's sketch challenge, too!

    hugs ~ mercy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori!

    I love the blue and brown combo and the swirls are so pretty! Love the layout too! Great job on your card!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips