Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Un-Stuck

Because of my little weekend getaway to Wisconsin (no more hockey talk today, I promise!), this is the longest time I've gone without stamping in a while--three whole days! To get back in the stamping mode, I decided to jump-start myself by working with a sketch.

This one is from Mary Jo's blog, TechnoStamper. I used an SU! stamp set I haven't pulled out in a while, Stuck on You. I love this little prickly guy! I stamped the image three times and made a "frame" for the image with a 1 1/4" square punch. The frame's attached to the stamped panel with dimensionals. I actually used the edge pieces from one of my almost empty packs of SU! dimensionals. They're narrow enough that I didn't have to do much trimming to fit them on the frame sections.

For some reason, when I use this stamp set, I tend to reach for some variation of red, blue, and brown inks and papers. Tonight was no different. I randomly stamped red hearts on a big scrap of red cardstock. The hearts look so nice stamped tone on tone. To go with the prickly guy and the "stuck on you" sentiment, I made a row of paper pierced holes in the red panel.

I'm off to catch up on some blog reading that I missed over the weekend and to play with Cosmo the crazy dog, who is acting like I left him behind for a long, long time in a terrible place--which is certainly not the case since he stayed with my mom for a dog's dream weekend of lounging around and living the good life. Maybe I'll even do some work on my final project for this semester's graduate school class . . .

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Stuck on You stamp set, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, and Close to Cocoa Classic inks, Blue Bayou, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, and Whisper White cardstock, Close to Cocoa Prints Series designer paper, 1 1/4" square punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, silver brad, dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. Oh just how cute is that card !!! Great job on the framing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lori!

    Love your card! I've never seen this SU stamp set but it sure is a cutie!! I love the colors that you used too! Great job~

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute stamp to use for this layout. I adore that whole set. Great job on the challenge. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips