Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Groovy Bella

As I was putting away some stuff in my stamping space tonight, I realized I haven't used my Bellas in a while--and that I've missed them! So, I pulled one out for today's SCS sketch challenge.

Since the sketch had a tall, skinny panel, I went with the relatively "tall" Ipodabella image. I stamped the image in black ink and colored it with Copic markers. I added some white Fun Flock to the neckline and waistband of the Bella's sweater. Some Stickles on the patch on her jeans and some silver gel pen on the iPod finished the image off. To fill in some of the white space on the image panel, I glued on a trio of light pink plastic dome floral embellishments.

I stamped the sentiment on a piece of Pixie Pink cardstock that I had stamped with SU!'s Polka Dot background stamp in slightly darker Pink Passion ink. The ribbon tied around the panel is a satiny two-toned ribbon, but here you can only see the darker pink tone.

To match the "feeling groovy" sentiment, I found this "groovy" patterned paper in a DCWV Spring Mat Stack. I coordinated it with Pixie Pink and Pink Passion cardstock and just a little Pretty in Pink to tone the bright down just a bit. It probably could have used a little more toning down, but I decided to go with the less is more idea and stayed with the monochromatic but bright color scheme instead of piling on other colors or patterns or stuff.

Materials Used:
Ipodabella and sentiment (Stamping Bella); Graphite Black ink (Brilliance); markers (Copic Ciao); Polka Dot background stamp, Pink Passion Classic ink, Pink Passion, Pixie Pink, and Pretty in Pink cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); ribbon, pink dome floral embellishments (Michaels); patterned paper (DCWV Spring Mat Stack); white Fun Flock (Stampendous)

2 comments:

  1. Woah!! That is some seriously *groovy* designer paper!! Fun card!! Great coloring job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cute, and it is quite groovy! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips