Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Soft Blue Silhouettes

I love these large floral silhouette images from Starving Artistamps. They're so simple and elegant at the same time.

I used the aster image to create this card for today's SCS sketch challenge. I stamped the image several times in Close to Cocoa craft ink for a nice, opaque image. I stamped some of the images "softer" than others for a varied look. To keep the images looking like they were level, I placed a sticky note a little bit above the bottom edge of the Soft Sky panel. That way, the flower stems all ended at the same place. I tied a piece of brown poly-twill ribbon to cover where the stems end for a clean look. It doesn't show in the photo, but I dotted the ends of the flowers with a Stardust pen for a subtle sparkle.

The side panels are created with Starving Artistamps's pretty background image. I stamped the image on a square scrap, then cut it in half to easily create even panels. I added a trio of blue-silver Dew Drops as an embellishment.

I got a small photo light box to use for taking photos of my card. I thought it would be easier to have a set up, designated space for taking pictures instead of having to set up my makeshift photo "studio" every time I go to take a picture. This is the first photo I've tried and I think I need to do a little more work to figure it out . . .

Materials Used:
floral silhouette image (FS-5), pretty background (Starving Artistamps); Close to Cocoa Craft ink, Bayou Blue Classic ink, Bayou Blue, Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, and Kraft cardstock, Chocolate Chip poly-twill (Stampin' Up!); Stardust pen (Sakura); Silver Bells Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. Lori, this is so very pretty....I LOVE the softness of these colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty. This sketch seems like a great one - maybe I'll have to give it a try too. I love the color combo you used - very soothing. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This color scheme reminds me of the Arizona desert with a clear blue sky. So pretty! It's so soft, warm, and soothing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips