Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sketches {by Tamara} #45

Here's my card for this week's sketch at Sketches {by Tamara}. There's not too much stamping here today, just the sentiment.

I picked the colors for this card from the patterned paper and the bracket embellishments. I found a package of glittery plastic shapes on clearance at Michaels and the glittery, striped brackets used here matched the soft lavender in the patterned paper. I would never have paired the lavender with yellow otherwise! The brackets are self-adhesive and the most difficult part of this card was removing the backing to reveal the adhesive. Even with my long fingernails, it took a long time . . .

I stamped the sentiment in ink that matched the lavendar cardstock. The sentiment is from the Never a Loss 4 Words from Kitchen Sink Stamps. I added a pair of pink brads under the sentiment for some dimension and to match the narrow pink ric rac I added to the left side of the dotted paper.

Be sure to stop by Tamara's to check out the cards created by the rest of the card sketch design team for this week's challenge.

Materials Used:
Never a Loss 4 Words stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Lavender Moon Palette ink, Lavender Moon and Lemon Tart cardstock, Bitty Baby Blessings patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); pink brads, self-adhesive glitter brackets (Making Memories); ric rac (Walmart)

9 comments:

  1. Great card!! I just LOVE those brackets you used!! AWESOME!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the sketch! I like how you offset the brackets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card Lori - love the colors you used! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the sketch Lori. Fabulous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am a new great swaps girl! i'm so excited about swapping with you in the future! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, Lori! Love the brackets! And hey, congrats on your recent published cards in Take Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, Lori! I love the soft colors and those brackets are very cool! I KWYM about peeling off the backing of things. I finally gave in and picked up a nice pair of tweezers that I keep on my desk just for that purpose! Hope you have a great Memorial weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pretty card! Your take on the sketch is perfectly beautifully! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips