Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Where's the (Cup)Cake? Here, Of Course!

I made this yummy cupcake card using this week's sketch from Mary Jo and stamps from Kitchen Sink Stamps. This was such a fun sketch to play with. It's a tall card (seems like I've done a lot of those lately . . .) with a cutout piece at the top, revealing the inside of the card.

I loved what Nicole did on her ATC using the word stamps from Never a Loss 4 Words (see it here) , so I "borrowed" that idea for the inside panel of my card. I went a little more subtle, stamping "it's party time!" and "where's the cake?" tone on tone using soft pink. When the card is opened, you can see the larger "happy birthday" sentiment stamped on the inside.

The main image is the big cupcake from Happy Birthday Cupcake, colored with Copic markers and embellished with some glittery stuff. The colors in the patterned paper inspired my color choices for the card. The paper has a fun, festive look that I think is perfect for a birthday card.

And, speaking of Kitchen Sink Stamps, stop by to check out the new Kitchen Sink Stamps Blog for details on KSS's new monthly contest, "What's Cooking with Your Kitchen Sink Stamps?" There are three contest categories with six prizes up for grabs. And of course, the prizes are stamps! I'm looking forward to seeing the contest entries for the first challenges.

Materials Used:
Happy Birthday Cupcake and Never a Loss 4 Words stamp sets (Kitchen Sink Stamps); patterned paper (Debbie Mumm from Joann); Lemon Tart and Sweet Blush cardstock, Sweet Blush Palette ink, Lemon Tart satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); mat pack and paper piercing tool, Dazzling Diamonds, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Yellow Stickles (Ranger); markers (Copic Ciao); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); Graphite Black ink (Brilliance)

6 comments:

  1. Love it Lori....I'm sooooooooooo into cupcakes lately!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable! Great details and such a fun cupcake. Thanks for playing Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy card Lori!! Very nice use of fun stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card!! Hope you had a fabulous birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! What fun colors! Every time I see I cupcake now, I think of Kathleen, our SBS2 sister! She loves cupcakes! Totally cute card Lori!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips