Monday, May 19, 2008

Just Inkin'

I'm participating in an Amuse image swap on SCS and while I had the octopus and sentiment out to stamp to send off for the swap, I figured I'd take a few minutes to make a card with the images.

I haven't made one of these gel cards in a long time. They were one of the first WOW! cards I learned how to make. I had forgotten how fun they are to do.

I stamped the octopus in black ink and colored it with Copic markers. I paired the colored octopus image with a bold striped patterned paper from Prima. It ended up being an Orchid Opulence octopus--I'm not sure how true-to-life the color is, but it's fun!

I used a rectangle die to cut a window through the top two layers of paper. I used a scalloped rectangle die to create a frame to highlight the window. The gel-filled baggie was taped to the back of the layer of sturdy solid cardstock. I like the patterns of the Prima paper, but it's realy flimsy, so there was no way that I could attach the baggie directly to it. I used some pieces of foam tape (a little wider and sturdier than dimensionals) to attach the entire window piece to the cardfront, right over where I had attached the octopus image. I added the sentiment on a coordinating, ocean-like colored word window piece. Now that I'm done with the card, I guess I should get to stamping the images to share . . .

Materials Used:
Octopus and sentiment (Amuse); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); Graphite Black ink (Brilliance); markers (Copic Ciao); patterned paper (Prima's Baby Boutique Collection pad); Aqua Mist and Lavender Moon cardstock, Lavender Moon dotted satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies (Nestabilities); Orchid Opulence cardstock, word window punch (Stampin' Up!); foam tape, plastic bag, hair gel, glitter

4 comments:

  1. so nice card you have in your blog
    ciao from Italy
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin it! TOO cute. :0) P.S. TAG you're it! :0) mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally new to me . . . the gel-filled baggie . . . how fantastic is this? So aquatic! I love it! What fun colors on this card too! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips