Sunday, June 8, 2008

First Hibiscus Card

Here's a look at the newest addition to the collection of multi-step flower stamps from Kitchen Sink Stamps. This release featured a set of hibiscus images in three different sizes. They are amazing and so easy to use!

I used Mary Jo's Monday lunchtime sketch for this card. I changed the proportions of the sketch a little, but it still resembles the sketch (at least I think it does!).

I picked the medium sized flower for the focal image on my card. The hibiscus image is stamped on shimmery white cardstock, then cut out and attached to the circle panel using a dimensional. To create this flower, I started wit a base of Papertrey Ink's Sweet Blush ink, then a layer of SU!'s Pretty in Pink, then Papertrey Ink's Berry Sorbet ink, stamped off once, and a final layer with Berry Sorbet at full strength for the flower's center. If you're looking for more ideas, Tammy posted a great tutorial here on her blog showing some different color combos you can use to build the flowers.

The patterned paper is from Memory Box's Layette collection. It's double sided paper that I trimmed in two pieces a little bit off from the center/middle of the panel. I flipped the narrower strip over to show the reverse pattern. The stripes lined up perfectly. I think it's a neat-looking effect.

I covered the seam where I joined the papers with a piece of light pink velvet ric rac. I like how this looks with the scalloped border around the flower image. I stamped the sentiment directly on the patterned paper to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Hibiscus stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Sweet Blush and Berry Sorbet Palette inks, Sweet Blush and Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, and Old Olive Classic inks, Shimmery White cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); patterned paper (Memory Box's Layette Collection)

3 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful, so soft and delicate looking. Great card. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the softness of this card Lori. Looks like another fabulous stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Lori! Love your colors!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips