Sunday, June 8, 2008

Elzybells Flower Girl

I've had this cute Elzybells Flower Girl image for a while now and had yet to use her. When I saw this fun winter Elzybells card in Cindy/YLM's gallery today, I knew that Flower Girl would be the perfect image to use for today's featured stamper challenge on SCS.

I replaced the winter image with the spring Flower Girl image. She's colored with Copic markers. Her dress is paper pieced using a scrap of Summer Picnic paper. I sponged around her with blue and green ink to add a sky and some grass to ground the image and added some Fruit Punch Stickles to the flower centers.

I used a different piece of paper from the Summer Picnic paper package to cover the cardfront, matching the flower image in the girl's hand. I loved how Cindy framed the stamped image on her card. I changed this a little on my version by stamping the image on the inside of the card and using my Nestabilities oval die to cut a window for the image to show through. I used other Nestabilities dies to create a frame for the window. I added a ribbon to the top by punching holes through the frame with my double circle punch and threading the ribbon through the holes to tie it.

I added a pair of felt flowers, attached with a blue rhinestone brad, to the edge of the frame to embellish it. I may still add a sentiment to the inside of the card . . .

Materials Used:
Flower Girl image (Elzybells); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery Classic ink, Bashful Blue cardstock, Summer Picnic designer paper, white grosgrain ribbon, glue dot, sponge (Stampin' Up!); markers (Copic Ciao); felt flowers (American Crafts); oval and scalloped oval dies (Nestabilities); rhinestone brad (Target); Fruit Punch Stickles (Ranger)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Lori! You have been busy! I love everything you've been doing. I especially like the grad card. I need to make a few of those! Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Lori! She's adorable! Love the window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how sweet! She looks so cute framed in the picnic dp!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips