Sunday, June 22, 2008

Thankful Blossoms Medallion

For today's featured stamper challenge on SCS, I was inspired by this elegant card. The multi-layered medallion image really caught my eye.

I created my own version of the card using Verve Visual's Thankful Blossoms stamp set. Instead of a white and silver card, I created a monochromatic blue one. I stamped two of the blossom images in black ink on white cardstock, then trimmed around them with my scissors. I used an aquapainter and reinkers to cover the flowers with a watercolor wash. The big flower is covered in Soft Sky ink with some detail around the edges and swirls in Taken with Teal. The smaller image is colored with Taken with Teal ink. I added a coordinating self-adhesive rhinestone to the center.

To create the medallion look, I used dimensionals to attach the layers of the flowers together and to attach the flowers to the teal circle on the cardfront.

Like the original card, I used two different Cuttlebug embossing folders for the cardfront. The seam where they meet is covered with a strip of satin ribbon. To finish the card I added the sentiment in teal ink along the bottom right corner.

Materials Used:
Thankful Blossoms stamp set (Verve Visual); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); circle die (Nestabilities); Soft Sky and Taken with Teal ink, Soft Sky and Taken with Teal cardstock, aquapainter, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); D'Vine Swirls and Swiss Dot embossing folders (Cuttlebug)

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Lori! Love your flower...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love your colors. Great job on casing that card.

    Holly
    hogwildaboutstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and congrats on top 10! Your cards are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips