Monday, June 23, 2008

Tall Stars & Stripes

I have time for just a quick post tonight. I didn't get home from work and class until about 45 minutes or so ago and I still have *hours* of work to do on a take-home test that's due on Wednesday.

Here's a card I made over the weekend for Beate's weekend sketch challenge. I used three different Kitchen Sink Stamps sets--Playful Stars, Ready 4 Any Holiday, and Plaid Plus. This is the first time I've used the plaid set--very easy! I used pigment inks to stamp the stars and stripes images and make my own patterned paper to match my color scheme.

The star medallion is made from layered star images. I stamped the large outline star on a scrap of blue paper, then punched it out with a star shaped punch. I stamped the smaller star image in red pigment ink, then heat embossed it with Iridescent Ice embossing powder, then cut the image out with my scissors. I found a red rhinestone in my collection and added that to the center of the stacked stars.

The "have a star*spangled day" sentiment is stamped in ink that matches the cardstock. It's hard to see in the photo, but it is there, I promise!

For another great idea using the Playful Stars and Plaid Plus stamp sets together, be sure check out Tammy's project of the month for Kitchen Sink Stamps: Bing, Bang, BOOM. It is fantastic!

Materials Used:
Playful Stars, Plaid Plus!, and Ready 4 Any Holiday stamp sets (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Ballet Blue and Real Red Craft inks, Ballet Blue, Real Red, and Whisper White cardstock, scalloped circle punch, large star punch, Real Red grosgrain ribbon, mat pack and paper piercing tool, Iridescent Ice, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); red rhinestone (Michaels)

1 comment:

  1. I really like how you used this set!! I especially like the layout

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips