Saturday, June 14, 2008

Unity Times Two

I'm having so much fun with my new kits from Unity Stamp Company. I have two Unity cards to share this morning. The images I got are great for coloring (and since I have some more Copic markers on the way, maybe even arriving this afternoon, that's a good thing!). Here, I combined Kristina's Color Inspiration Challenge with the Oh, What a Beautiful Morning kit and a sentiment from the Sentiments O' Simple kit. Kristina's hint for this challenge was to "embrace the white space," so I tried to do that here to some extent.

The bird and branch are separate images. I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig to place the bird image just right. The images are colored with Copic markers and outlined with just a hint of gray to make them pop. I added a little So Saffron ink to the top of the panel to make the bird look like it's sunbathing. The bottom right side of the panel looked too empty to me, so I added a trio of copper brads. I use tons of those little guys! I layered the stamped image panel on to some panels cut with Nestabilities dies.

The sentiment was stamped first in Rose Red ink, then again in Basic Gray ink to get a shadow effect. Again, I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to get the placement exact (Larcy, if you're reading this, thanks for the tutorial on this when I first started stamping. . .).

For the bottom of the card, I found a scrap of paper from the Fall Flowers paper pack that has a leafy branch pattern that's similar to the stamped image. I added that to the cardfront, then tied a strip of wide olive grosgrain ribbon at the top of the patterned paper to cover the seam where the patterned paper and the white cardfront meet.

Materials Used:
Oh, What a Beautiful Morning and Sentiments O'Simple kits (Unity Stamp Company); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Rose Red, So Saffron, and Basic Gray Classic inks, So Saffron and Rose Red cardstock, Fall Flowers designer paper, 1 3/8" circle punch, sponge, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); olive ribbon (Morex); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success); rectangle dies (Nestabilities); copper brads (Making Memories)

The second card is for Mary Jo's weekly sketch challenge. This card uses the Wild & Crazy Bunch kit. The wild animal images are adorable! Since I first saw the images, I thought they'd be perfect paired with the animal patterned sparkly paper in the Nana's Nursery line from DCWV, so that's what I did here.

I made the card base Aqua Mist, thinking that this could be a gender-neutral baby card. The giraffe image is stamped on a scrap of Lemon Tart cardstock and cut out. I used dimensionals to attach the giraffe to an Aqua Mist panel with the sentiment stamped along one side, also in Aqua Mist ink. I tied some matching twill ribbon across the panel to finish the card.

My plans for the day include some work on both my projects for grad school and for the upcoming SU! convention. If things go as planned, I'll be back later with some more fun stuff to share.

Materials Used:
Wild & Crazy Bunch kit (Unity Stamp Company); Aqua Mist Palette ink, Aqua Mist and Lemon Tart cardstock, Aqua Mist twill (Papertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Almost Amethyst cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (Nana's Nursery-Baby Boy from DCWV)

4 comments:

  1. Super cute cards! I especially like the one you did for Kristina's challenge! Love the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stamps these cards are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful. How cute. That is just an adorable image. Love your choice of papers. Great card. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these cards are GREAT! wonderful colors on the 'Hi' card! beautiful morning was the very FIRST Unity Kit that i owned.. and i still just LOVE it so much!! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips