Sunday, July 13, 2008

Priceless in Purples

I'm now on day 4 of no phone and internet at my home. . . I thought I'd be much more productive without having internet access and I'm finding that's not true. Perhaps some of that is due to the amount of time I've spent driving back and forth to "borrow" my parents' internet connection, but I know that much of my lack of productivity is due to my obsessing over not having it and "needing" to use it for something. I'll be calling Verizon again tomorrow morning to keep the pressure on them to get it fixed.

Here's something I managed to put together last night. It's for Julee's Mojo Monday challenge. I used the Priceless stamp set for all of the stamped images. Seeing such fantastic samples at convention last year sold me on this set, but when I first got it for myself, I couldn't figure out what to do with it. Fortunately, I'm over that now and Priceless is one of my favorite current SU! sets.

I stamped the butterfly image in Lovely Lilac craft ink on a scrap of vellum, then covered it with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. You can really see the shimmer here in the photo. The rest of the card is pretty simple. I used the Threading Water punch to create a scalloped strip and tied a piece of white taffeta ribbon around the panel. The sentiment is attached right on top of the ribbon.

I used another piece of the floral patterned Prints Series paper. I'm really making an effort to get this pattern to work for me. For some reason, it's so hard for me to work with.

Materials Used:
Priceless stamp set, Almost Amethyst and Lovely Lilac Classic inks, Lovely Lilac Craft ink, Almost Amethyst, Lovely Lilac, and Whisper White cardstock, white vellum, Almost Amethyst Prints Series designer paper, white taffeta ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Threading Water punch (Fiskars)

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. . .when my computer is out of commission, I seem to dwell on it and can't get anything done! LOL!

    I love your pretty card. Love the purple. It's definitely priceless!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! Love the sparkle on your butterfly. Hope your internet is back soon! Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, and you do a great job for using a paper you don't like. I think it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purple is one of my favorite color.. love the butterfly.
    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips