Friday, July 11, 2008

Rusty Garden

I'm still phone and internet-less at my house, so I'm "borrowing" at my mom and dad's house for a few minutes. Here's a fall-feeling card I created for Kristina's color challenge. This week's color palette was Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery, and Whisper White. I really like the warm feeling of this combination--I never would have thought to use celery here . . .

I used one of the images from Papertrey Ink's Garden of Life for the main panel of the card. The solid flowers are stamped with Really Rust ink. I stamped the outline image in Close to Cocoa ink. It took me a few practice tries on scrap paper to see how to line up the flowers, but once I figured it out, it went pretty quickly. For the centers of the flowers, I stamped off once to get a slighly lighter shade of brown ink. I also added clear page pebbles to the center for some dimension. It has a really cool look in person. I randomly added some celery leaves to the flowers, then layered the stamped panel on celery and chocolate chip mats.

I used dimensionals to layer the matted image over a piece of wide Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon. I added a sentiment from the set along the bottom edge of the card using Chocolate Chip ink.

I thought I was done, but this afternoon, when I looked back at the card, I decided it needed something else. I added the narrow scalloped strip of celery paper to the left side of the image panel to finish it off.

Materials Used:
Garden of Life stamp set (Papertrey Ink); Really Rust, Close to Cocoa, and Certainly Celery Classic inks, Really Rust, Certainly Celery, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White cardstock, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, corner rounder, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); page pebbles (EK Success)

9 comments:

  1. Wow - what a great use of the colors and a beautiful card! The centers of the flowers are so cool looking - they really add a beautiful quality to the card! Very lovely.

    Best wishes,
    Sankari

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card...I really like the page pebbles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Those colors are right up my alley!!! Love the layout too! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Lori! I think the celery scalloped edge is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with the combo. Gorgeous Card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great. Love the colors and the stamp.

    Heather
    scrappinmominky

    http://scrappinmominky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the flowers...the centers are so great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you used the page pebbles! I never know what to do with mine, LOL! Beautiful card, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!
    Congrats for be one of the 10 Randomly in KWerner Colour Insp. #15

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips