Friday, July 11, 2008

Blogger Challenge: Week 55

First things first—I have no phone or internet connection at home right now and have no idea when it will be restored. So, things may be a little interrupted here at Inking Aloud for the next week or so until I can get this issue resolved, whether it be by Verizon repairing the line yet again or by me finding a company who actually can provide me with consistent phone and internet service. Going three weeks without phone and internet over a six month period doesn’t sit well with me! Because of these technical difficulties, the blog candy contest winner announcement might not happen until Sunday. You can find info about the candy in this post.

On a much happier note, I’m excited to be the featured stamper today at Michelle’s Stamp Workshop. Michelle is in one of my SU! demo swap groups and contacted me a few weeks ago to see if I’d be interested in participating in her new feature. What an honor!

Now, on to the blogger challenge for this week. This week’s challenge was to feature bugs on your card. When I first thought about this, I couldn’t even think of a stamp set I had that had bugs in it. When I went to actually look at my collection, I realized I had quite a few fun bug images scattered around. I settled on using the Just B set with its cute little bee image for the challenge. It’s a little bug, but it’s there!

This set is headed to the dormant list in the upcoming SU! catalog. It really is a fun one—kind of like the retired All About U set. I stamped the large “B” in Pretty in Pink craft ink, then added the sentiment in Regal Rose classic ink. I inked the bee image with markers to get the two-toned colors, then added a little Dazzling Diamonds to the image.

Originally, I was going to use a piece of paper from the Spring Fling paper pack on this card and that inspired my color scheme. Instead, I used some of the Pretty in Pink paper from the Prints Series hostess pack for the panel on the bottom of the cardfront. I have such a hard time using this pattern in particular, so I was glad to find a card that it worked well on! I added a paper pierced strip of Regal Rose cardstock to the bottom of the panel and a matching wide Regal Rose ribbon to the top.

I should be back later today with a post from my parents' house . . .

Materials Used (all from Stampin’ Up!):
Just B stamp set, Pretty in Pink Classic ink, Regal Rose Classic ink, Barely Banana, Regal Rose, and Whisper White cardstock, Pretty in Pink Prints Series designer paper, Summer Sun and Basic Black markers, two-way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds, Regal Rose wide grosgrain ribbon, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals

22 comments:

  1. Great card, Lori...glad you got to use some of those neglected bug sets...lol Best of luck with your phone/internet problems...I would be insane without internet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet card, Lori! Hope you get your internet/phone issues resolved soon! It would be driving me "buggy!" lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love this stamp set and your card is adorable! Great color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is always to clean and fresh. This sweet card is no exception. Hope you get the "bugs" worked out of your internet/phone issues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card--the color combo makes it a "happy" card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your color combo. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear about your phone/internet service...how frusterating for you!

    I love this card, the colors you chose are great together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being featured on Michelle's blog - I too love what you do - your cards are always so creative and fun!! Hope your internet problems clear up soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is adorable Lori! Love the pink and yellow together! Good luck with your phone and internet problems! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the DP you used. I just got that pack and am looking forward to trying it. Great card, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the DP you used. I just got that pack and am looking forward to trying it. Great card, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This "Bee" a very cute card!
    Hope your internet is up and running soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great colours and such a fresh spring card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty card. Who would of thunk those colors would look so great together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! This set really rocks and you did a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute and springy card - Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a darling card! Love your choice of paper and colors! Pink and yellow are a great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the pink with this sketch! LOVELY! I am late with checking this, so I hope your phone service is working! Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lori, I just love the yellow and pink together. So fresh. That bee is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet card. I love that set but don't even own it. Great job on this weeks challenge.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips