Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Thank You!

I made this pretty card for Mary Jo's sketch challenge. The two step butterfly image in the new Flight of the Butterfly set is so easy to use and makes such pretty cards!

I stamped the solid butterfly image in Pink Pirouette ink, then stamped the dotted image over it in Pumpkin Pie ink. I used my favorite butterfly "technique" yet again on this card. I stamped the butterfly image again on vellum, let it dry (I always need to remind myself that ink needs some extra drying time on the slick vellum surface . . .), then cut it out. I used my two way glue pen to attach the vellum butterfly to the center of the other butterfly's body. This allows me to fold the wings up to give some dimension to the card.

I used coordinating papers from the Sweet Always paper pack for the panels under the butterfly. I randomly stamped the small flower image in Pink Pirouette ink on the Pink Pirouette layer that covers most of the cardfront. I stamped the thank you sentiment in slightly darker Regal Rose ink in one corner of the cardfront.

I need to say a quick thank you to Mary Jo, too. She recently gave me the "I {Heart} Your Blog" award. I always appreciate the inspiration I get from Mary Jo's weekly sketches. If you have a chance, stop by her blog and check them out.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Flight of the Butterfly stamp set, Pink Pirouette, Pumpkin Pie, and Regal Rose Classic inks, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, Pumpkin Pie, and Whisper White cardstock, Sweet Always designer paper, vellum, silver brads, 2-way glue pen, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Oh, very pretty. I love that butterfly technique and you are very good at it. Wonderful card Lori, thanks so much for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This butterfly is perfect for this sketch/layout! Love the dimension you have created....such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips