Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Unity Challenge Wednesday: Week 2

This week's Unity Challenge is being hosted by Cat at Cat's Creations. The challenge theme is to create a project using Unity's colors. I decided the colors are equivalent to SU!'s Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, and Taken with Teal, and Papertrey Ink's Dark Chocolate, though this is certainly open to your interpretation--LOL!

In addition to taking inspiration from Unity's colors, I also took some inspiration from Unity's web site. I incorporated the dots in the site's background into my design by using the Distressed Dots background stamp on the teal panel on the cardfront.

The main image is one of the trees from Giggle Grove, stamped in Chocolate Chip ink and embellished with some tan buttons. I threaded a piece of twine through the holes in each button for some dimension. I stamped one of the Giggle Grove birdies on a scrap of teal cardstock and trimmed around it, then attached it to the tree, too. I distressed the edges of the tree panel a little and added some caramel ink around the edges, too.

I covered the bottom portion of the cardfront with a piece of patterned paper from Papertrey Ink's Chocolate Remix paper pack. I stamped the "giggle" sentiment directly on the paper, then added a few coppery Dew Drops. I used another pair of Dew Drops on the photo corner at the top right corner of the card.

You can see what the other challenge participants have done by visiting their blogs (links in the sidebar on the right) or by stopping by the Unity forum on SCS.

Materials Used:
Giggle Grove stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Taken with Teal and Creamy Caramel Classic inks, Taken with Teal and Creamy Caramel cardstock, photo corner punch, glue dots, sponge dauber, distressing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Dark Chocolate Palette ink, Dark Chocolate Cardstock, Chocolate Remix patterned paper, Dark Chocolate twill (Papertrey Ink); copper Dew Drops (Stamping Bella)

23 comments:

  1. LOVE this...ooohh and you have distressed dots...its on my list >"<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, this is so gorgeous! I love the way that you did the buttons and bird on top of the tree. Beautiful card! smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job Lori! Love the dots and buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! Love the colors of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! Love the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I LOVE it! This is just too adorable. LOVE the button tree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori this is a beautiful card. Love the buttons on the tree and how you have the little bird sitting on one of them. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH I LOVE IT!!!! I need to have that set. I'm seeing so many cute cards with it!! Love the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your use of the buttons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute card. Very creative and I love the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this Lori!! The bird up in the tree is SO CUTE! (Why didn't I think of that?) Love the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card- the grid and the dots just top off the Unity Logo inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a FANTASTIC card!!! Love Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. adorable card! love the bird sitting up in the tree. too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous, I love your layout and all of the yummy stamps! Pure loveliness!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the buttons on this card, Lori! They are the perfect embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rockin' card Lori! Love all the little details:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is off-the-hook CUTE! I love the button tree. SO sweet! :O)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips