Friday, October 24, 2008

More Halloween Stuff

Halloween's coming up soon, so I wanted to make sure I got a few more cards done using some of the great Halloween images from Starving Artistamps. I used a pair of blogger sketch challenges to create these two cards.

This card uses Mary Jo's sketch. The sketch was a perfect fit for the large witch image from the Witch Trio set. I had finished coloring the witch image earlier in the week, but today was the first chance I had to get the card put together. I stamped the witch on white cardstock and colored the image with Copic markers. After I finished coloring, I sponged some Almost Amethyst ink around the image to soften the white just a little.

The layers on the card coordinate with the different colored dots in the shimmery patterned paper on the cardfront. I layered the witch on a coordinating green panel embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dot folder to repeat the dot/circle element. I also placed the sentiment on a circle, using the Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the wedgie sentiment so it would fit on the circle. I resisted putting a piece of ribbon on this card. That was my initial plan and I kept trying to find a place for it, but it didn't look right, so I ended up leaving it off in the end.

Materials Used:
witch image and sentiment (Witch Trio-Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Almost Amethyst Classic ink, Lovely Lilac marker, Almost Amethyst, Green Galore, Lovely Lilac, Only Orange, and Basic Black cardstock, 1 3/8" circle punch, sponge, Stamp-a-ma-jig, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success); patterned paper (Reminisce-Along Came a Spider); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

This card uses Julee's Mojo Monday sketch, flipped a little to accommodate the image I used. I went with a non-traditional halloween color scheme on this one.
I love this fun haunted house image from the DoodleFactory Halloween II set. I colored the house to be just sort of spooky using Copic markers. I went back and colored over the windows with a Glaze pen to give them a glowy look. I cut out the colored house image and attached it to the Blue Bayou panel using dimensionals. I paper pieced the ghost (on shimmery white paper) and the moon, too.

I used the striped background stamp (also from Starving Artistamps) to create the kraft panel that's across the front of the card. It's great to be able to make any color of striped paper I need using this stamp! I added a Blue Bayou strip to the bottom and edged the panel with a scalloped strip. The end result is sort of spooky looking, but not screaming Halloween.

Materials Used:
image and sentiment (DoodleFactory Halloween II from Starving Artistamps), stripes background (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Chocolate Chip Classic ink, Chocolate Chip, Blue Bayou, River Rock, Barely Banana, Shimmery White and Kraft cardstock, scallop edge punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, Chocolate Chip grosgrain, slot punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); yellow Glaze pen (Sakura)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...that witch stamp cracks me up!!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That witch is great! Love the haunted house too. Both card have great details. Thanks so much for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these cards are so cute, but that witch is hilarious! And I love that Sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! Love your coloring on the haunted house. Thanks for playing with my sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips