Monday, November 24, 2008

The Kitchen Sink Crew Is in the Kitchen--Really!

It's Monday--time for another Kitchen Sink Stamps challenge. This week's challenge for the Kitchen Sink Crew was posed by Angela. She provided a photo of a kitchen with bright, earthy colors for us to use as inspiration for our projects. Here's my interpretation.

I was drawn to the colors in the photo right away. I realized that they were similar to the colors in the SEI Black Orchid paper pad I had, so I pulled that out to start my project. I found this striped piece that included the teal blue, green, rust, and black from the photo. I also pulled out some of the beautiful wide satin teal ribbon from KSS--it was a perfect match for this color combo.

I used inks that matched the paper to create this butterfly using a bunch of different images from the Pretty Tear Drop stamp set. This set has so many possibilities!

To pick up the circle motif from the pegboard in the inspiration photo, I used a few Dew Drops to embellish the butterfly and to embellish the patterned paper, too. I also added a row of paper piercing along the bottom of the teal panel on the cardfront.

For more KSS inspiration, stop by the rest of the crew's blogs:

Angela
Dee
Julie
Lynn
Maria
Nicole
Tammy

Materials Used:
Pretty Tear Drop stamp set, 1" double faced teal satin ribbon, Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps); patterned paper (SEI's Black Orchid line); Oasis Green and Teal Leaves chalk inks (VersaMagic); Pearlescent Rust ink (Brilliance); Kiwi Kiss, Taken with Teal, and Whisper White cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); oval dies (Nestabilities)

And, here's another Kitchen Sink Stamps pretty. I made this using this week's sketch at Page Plans. It's a small 4 1/4" square card, but the bright colors really make a big statement. I based the colors on the striped patterned paper I used as a panel on the cardfront.

The large circle at the center of the card is stamped with one of the ovals from the Playful Ovals set. I used the 1/2 Pint Playful Alphabet to stamp "hi!" in a bold color so it would stand out. I layered a coordinating pair of paper flowers and joined them with a sparkly brad, then attached them to one of the ends of the oval with a glue dot. I used the one of the new pinking circles dies from Nestabilities to create a mat for the circle.

Materials Used:
Playful Ovals and 1/2 Pint Playful Alphabet stamp sets (Kitchen Sink Stamps); patterned paper (My Mind's Eye pad); circle and pinking circle dies (Nestabilities); Summer Sunrise and Berry Sorbet Palette inks, Summer Sunrise and Sweet Blush cardstock, Summer Sunrise grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); paper flowers, rhinestone brad (Target); dimensionals

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful Lori!! Love the butterfly you created in your first card...pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - Love the butterfly Lori - the colors are perfect! So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this inspired creation!! What fabulous work on this gorgeous butterfly card!! Great work, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful creation! I love the butterfly and that scrumptous ribbon. I love how you pulled the teal from the inspiration. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, the butterfly is fabulous and what perfect designer paper to have to use! Great card for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful! Love the petal butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lori I love the butterfly!! Great colors and papers. I also love the half pint card. You Rocked the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS! Wow. Love this card. The colors are striking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job as always. Thanks for the chance at the blog candy. Have a great day, Hugs n' Stuff, Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards, and can I just say wow about the first one? I can totally see how that striped paper inspired you! That color scheme is fantastic, and the card you made is SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of your cards are beautiful! The butterfly card is stunning.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Breathtakingly gorgeous! I love the colours and that butterfly is dreamy! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry I'm so late in commenting on this...But your card is so bright and is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips