Sunday, November 23, 2008

Twinkle Thanks

Here's the card I made for Beate's weekend sketch challenge using the Twinkle Fairy image from Stamping Bella. I love these delicate fairy images. They're a lot of fun to color!

Here, I colored Twinkle Fairy with Copic markers, then used a sponge to dab on some ink to create a sky and grass. I also painted over the image with Shimmerz paints for a subtle sparkle--appropriate for a "twinkle" fairy, right?

I paired the image with a piece of paper from one of the huge My Mind's Eye paper pads. The orange was a nice contrast to the pinks I used to color the image. I used my sewing machine to stitch a zig zag stitch along the left side of the panel before attaching it to the Pink Pirouette cardfront.

I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to place the sentiment within the 1 1/4" circle. I added a pink self-adhesive rhinestone to the sentiment panel for one final twinkling element.

Materials Used:
Twinkle Fairy image and sentiment (Stamping Bella); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Cool Caribbean and Certainly Celery Classic inks, Pixie Pink marker, Pink Pirouette, Pixie Pink, and Pumpkin Pie cardstock, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (My Mind's Eye paper pack); pink dotted organdy ribbon, pink self-adhesive rhinestone (Michaels); Pink paint (Shimmerz); sewing machine

2 comments:

  1. Love your card. I think I'll CASE it in Christmas colors, I need a ty card and Christmas card all rolled into one. Ty for sharing your amazing talent.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips