Monday, November 10, 2008

Meet Cupcake Flopsey

I know I've mentioned this before here, but I have to say it again tonight. I have a "thing" for rabbits and have since childhood. So, when I saw the new Cupcake Flopsey set from My Favorite Things, I had to add it to my collection. I think that one of the stuffed bunnies from my childhood was actually named Flopsey, if I remember correctly--making this set even more perfect for me!

When my stamp set arrived tonight (and I mean tonight--my mail didn't show up until about 6:00 pm--I actually checked the USPS website to see if there was mail delivery today), I had to ink it up. I used Mary Jo's sketch challenge to create this cute card.

I flipped the sketch on its side to accommodate the image. The bunny image is colored with Copic markers. I fit the "I'm sweet on you" sentiment alongside the image using Regal Rose ink. I paired the colored image with a pair of coordinating papers from a My Mind's Eye paper pad and layered them on a light pink cardfront. I added a trio of buttons as an embellishment along the top of the card. So cute!

Materials Used:
Cupcake Flopsey stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic Ciao); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Regal Rose Classic ink, glue dots, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Lemon Tart and Sweet Blush cardstock (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (My Mind's Eye paper pad); buttons, white twine (Walmart)

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love that rabbit with the cupcake. He's adorable. I have a thing for rabbits too. I collect vintage stuffed ones. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, love the sketch flipped like this. That rabbit is too cute. Great colors too. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips