Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sketches by {Tamara}: Recipe 23

Here's my card for this week's recipe challenge at Sketches {by Tamara}. The required ingredients for this week's challenge were squares, paint, and use of punctuation but not as punctuation (does that make sense??). I fit all three elements in, but I'm not totally thrilled with my creation, probably because I was rushing to finish it in time to get it to Tamara before I left to go to Virginia Beach for the weekend.

I decided to cover the square requirement by making a 4 1/4" square card. That was the easy part! I wracked my brain again and again, thinking about the punctuation piece. Finally, I got it! I used the exclamation point from SU!'s now retired Simple Type alphabet to create a border around the turquoise panel on my cardfront.

To coordinate with the border, I used the gift image from Eat cake and added some "sparkles" to the gift. It doesn't show in the photo, but this is also where I used some paint. I added a coat of Pink Shimmerz paint to the gift. It's pretty and sparkly IRL-I promise. I ended up using a square punch to make a window for the gift so it would show through a Pixie Pink panel. I embellished the panel with a sentiment, coordinating ribbon, and a textured Prima flower.

For more inspiration using this recipe on cards and scrapbook layouts, stop by Tamara's blog to see what the other design team membets have created.

Materials Used:
Eat Cake and Simple Type Alphabet stamp sets, Tempting Turquoise, Pixie Pink, and Pink Pirouette Classic inks, Tempting Turquoise, Pixie Pink, Pink Pirouette, and Whisper White cardstock, 1 3/8" square punch, Tempting Turquoise grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Pink sparkly paint (Shimmerz); Pink dot (Stamping Bella); textured flower (Prima)

1 comment:

  1. I like how you oncorporated the punctuation. Very imaginative!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips