Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sweet Shoppe Sketch

I used my new DoodleFactory Santa's Sweet Shoppe images from Starving Artistamps to make these two cards for today's sketch challenge at SCS. The images were the perfect size for the focal image panel on the sketch.

This one uses the polar bear image. I colored the image with Copic markers and matted it on a scallop edged frame. I created a textured panel for the cardfront using the Cuttlebug Snowflake embossing folder on a piece of shimmery blue paper for an icy feel. I really like this color combination of red and different shades of blue for wintery cards!

I stamped the "warm thoughts" sentiment in white craft ink to contrast with the red strip across the cardfront. I used my mat pack, paper piercing tool, and white gel pen to add some faux stitching for a little more contrast.

Materials used:
Santa's Sweet Shoppe image and sentiments (DoodleFactory from Starving Artistamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic Ciao); White craft ink, Pacific Point, Real Red, and Bashful Blue cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, silver brads, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies (Nestabilities); shimmery blue paper (Target); Snowflake embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

This one combines one of the gingerbread cookie images with one of the candy cane images. I colored the images with Copic markers, then painted over them with a coat of Shimmerz paint in Angel Wings. This shade doesn't really add color, just a subtle shimmer.

I used the striped background stamp and white pigment ink to create the red and white striped panel for the cardfront. I like how the striped background kind of mimics the stripes on the candy cane. I stamped the sentiment in red pigment ink on a scallop edged pink panel, then added a red ribbon. I placed a row of clear dome embellishments along the bottom of the striped panel for a fun accent.

Materials Used:
Santa's Sweet Shoppe image and sentiments (DoodleFactory from Starving Artistamps); striped background (Starving Artistamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic Ciao); White and Real Red craft ink, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, and Real Red cardstock, scallop edge punch, paper piercing tool, Real Red grosgrain ribbon, photo corner punch, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); clear dome embellishments (Michaels) ; Angel Wings paint (Shimmerz)

3 comments:

  1. That ginger bread cookie looks like it could walk right off the card and into my hand! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing i love the ginger bread man it is absolutely stunning.
    You inspire me to go back to making cards! I remember before the holidays i used to sit for days and day and hours making cards for every single person i knew!

    I loved it. I wish mine were as beautiful and uniquely done like yours and so beyond well-made! i am in complete shock at how incredibly talented you are!

    These are absolutely gorgeous! maybe i should start making cards again maybe one day ill be as brilliant as you!

    Cheers and keep up the amazing talent!

    Becca

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips