Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanks!

It's Thanksgiving Day and I'm getting ready to head off to my parents' house for a family dinner, followed by a visit to the Verizon Center to watch the Washington Wizards play the Orlando Magic. Who schedules a basketball game for Thanksgiving night? I guess when you're the 2-10 Wizards, it's better to play when chances are no one will come to the game or even pay attention to it . . .

Anyway, here's a quick Thanksgiving card I made using Mary Jo's sketch. I used images from Verve's Tall Oaks set for the oval panel. The images are colored with Copic markers and cut out and matted with my petite oval Nestabilities dies. I used strips of patterned paper from a Me & My Big Ideas paper pad to create the panels across the cardfront. A piece of coordinating olive grosgrain ribbon is tied across the cardfront.

Materials Used:
Tall Oaks stamp set (Verve Stamps); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic Ciao); patterned paper (Me & My Big Ideas); Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, and Kraft cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); moss 5/8" grosgrain ribbon (Morex); petite oval dies (Nestabilities)

Tomorrow is the start of a bunch of exciting events. It's the first day of the 12 Days of Christmas event at Paper Craft Planet. There will be 12 days of fabulous challenges and prizes.

All you have to do to win is to make a card that goes with that day's theme and post it in the correct gallery. You 'll be able to find the day's theme and a link to the gallery and the correct keyword for your photo on the main page. A random winner will be chosen from each day's creation and will receive a prize from one of our generous sponsors.

And, it's the start of the Black Friday event at i {heart} papers. Be sure to check out all of the details here. And, don't forget to leave a comment here to be entered to win my IHP blog candy giveaway. I'll post the winner on Saturday.

I am so thankful for all of you who visit me here at Inking Aloud. I really appreciate the time you take to check in on me (and Cosmo the crazy dog) and leave comments, too. I need to make more of an effort to do the same! One of the things I'm terrible about is these blog award things. I've received a bunch lately, so I'm going to quickly share them here.

Adela, who I've gotten to know through the design team at Paper Craft Planet, nominated me for the Arte y Pico award. The rules for receiving this award are

(1) Select 5 blogs that you feel deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.

(2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog.

(3) Each award winner (upon acceptance) should show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award.

(4) Link to the Arte y Pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.

(5) Show these rules.

Amber, who I've gotten to know through the design team at i {heart} papers, awarded me the Kreative Blogger award. The rules for the Kreativ Blogger Award are:

1. The winner may put the logo on their blog.

2. Put a link to the person that sent you the award.

3. Nominate 5 blogs.

4. Put links to their blogs.

5. Leave a message for your nominees.

And, finally, Sankari, another one of the DT members at Paper Craft Planet, created a brand-new award and has passed it on to me. I'm honored to be among the first to be awarded her You Are an Inspiration Award.

I'd like to share all of these awards with my readers and visitors. I truly appreciate the creativity, inspiration, and support that's found in the stamping community. Please feel free to post these awards on your blog and to pass these on to other deserving bloggers. Happy Thanksgiving! I'm off to collect Cosmo the crazy dog and head out for dinner and basketball . . .

4 comments:

  1. Love your card! Hope you are enjoying your Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! Congratulations on the awards, you have a great blog and they are well deserved.

    Hope you enjoy the BB game. We're taking our son to a hockey game next Saturday. I'm not sure what the record is for the Philadelphia Phantoms but we've gone a couple of times over the last few years and really enjoy a good game at a reasonable price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the nomination and the awards. You deserve it. I love your blog--so many creative ideas! I don't know who won the game, but it's probably safe to assume not the Wizards. Either way, 3-10 or
    2-11, the basement is the basement. Thre'e's always hope for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, I hope your Thanksgiving was great and you enjoyed your family visit. I send my best to your dad and all. Love your cards and all you share and do. Bloggers may sometimes forget the pleasure they give others by sharing their thoughts and ideas but I want to remind each one how much it means to those of us that read the blogs regularly. It's constant friendship that doesn't always show!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips