Monday, December 29, 2008

Shine Bright

I got my preordered set from Pink Poison--which will soon (very soon!) to be called The Greeting Farm--in the mail today. That was fast! I ordered it on Friday and it traveled all the way across the country by Monday. I was too late to get some of the sets I wanted as a preorder, so I'll be back on January 1 to order the other new ones and maybe an Anya image or two.

The set I got today is called Light Up and features some candle images and matching sentiments. I used the image with three candles on a tray for this card based on Mary Jo's sketch challenge. I picked a patterned paper from Imaginisce with swirls that matched the swirls on the candles--I love when little details like that work out! I colored the candles in vivid colors, then embellished the swirls with a Stardust glitter pen and the flames with a gold Spica pen. The More Mustard mat under the candle image is embossed with the Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls folder.

I used a little trial and error to get the sizes of the patterned paper panels just right. I placed them on contrasting red paper, then knotted a piece of red satin ribbon around the panel before attaching the candle panel. I stamped the sentiment directly on the patterned paper in red ink, then added a pearl Dew Drop next to it.

Materials Used:
Light Up stamp set (Pink Poison/The Greeting Farm); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers, gold Spica pen (Copic); Real Red Classic ink, Real Red, More Mustard, and Baja Breeze cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); red satin ribbon (Target); circle die (Nestabilities); D'Vine Swirls embossing folder (Cuttlebug); patterned paper (Imaginisce-Snowy Jo/Tinsel to the Top); clear Stardust pen (Sakura); Dew Drop (Kitchen Sink Stamps)

2 comments:

  1. Very cool,love all the swirls. Great job making the panels fit. Thanks so much for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this card and the sentiment. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips