Sunday, December 21, 2008

Tree Trio

Here’s my card for this week’s sketch at Page Plans. The theme for the week was trees. I was able to find some tree images that worked perfectly with the trio of narrow panels in the layout. I incorporated the images with some supplies from i {heart} papers to create this card.

I stamped the two different sized tree images from Papertrey Ink’s Made of Snow set on scraps of Kiwi Kiss cardstock, then trimmed around them. I painted them with a light coating of sparkly Angel Wings Shimmerz and set them aside to dry. While they were drying, I embossed some Baja Breeze panels with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dot embossing folder, then layered them on Kiwi Kiss mats. I attached the trees to the embossed panels using dimensionals to look like they were set against a snowy sky. I added a pink self-adhesive rhinestone to the top of the largest tree.

I arranged the tree panels on a piece of pretty striped My Mind’s Eye Be Merry holiday paper. I stamped the “peace & love” sentiment from the Hero Arts Jolly Christmas stamp set directly on the patterned paper in bold red ink. The scalloped strip across the bottom of the cardfront comes from a sheet of winter themed die cut elements that coordinate beautifully with the My Mind’s Eye patterned paper.

Here's a close-up photo of the trees. It does a much better job of capturing the embossing and the shimmer than the larger photo.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Hero Arts Jolly Christmas stamp set, My Mind’s Eye Be Merry Candy Stripes designer paper, My Mind’s Eye die cut sheet, Angel Wings Shimmerz paint
Other: Made of Snow stamp set (Papertrey Ink); Riding Hood Red and Chocolate Chip Classic inks, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, and Pink Pirouette cardstock, Chocolate Chip marker, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); self-adhesive rhinestone (Michaels)

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful. Those are such cute trees.

    Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Page Plans.

    Merry Christmas, Lori!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! Great colors and papers!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips