Sunday, December 21, 2008

Thank Moo!

After checking out the gallery of today's SCS featured stamper, I was inspired to make this fun farm themed card. Paula had a bunch of cards featuring farm animal images along with cute, punny sayings. I borrowed the layout from one of them and changed the images from sheep to a cow for mine.

I used the Clara the cow image from the DoodleFactory Country set from Starving Artistamps here. I colored Clara with Copic markers, then added a sponged in sky and grass. I used some Cotton Candy Stickles to give her some girly, glittery eye shadow, too. The image panel is layered on a petite scalloped circle, then attached to the 4 1/4" square card.

Since it has kind of a country feel to it, I picked a piece of Cosmo Cricket Honey Pie paper for the panel on the side of the card. I used a piece of wide pink American Crafts grosgrain ribbon for the bow across the front of the card. I stamped the "thank moo!" sentiment in matching pink pigment ink near the bottom of the card. As one last girly touch, I added a pair of pink Prima flowers, embellished with a pearl, to the image panel.

By the way, don't forget about the Starving Artistamps clear card challenge. You still have a few more days to enter to win a free stamp set. Check out all the details here.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Country stamp set and sentiment (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Cool Caribbean, Kiwi Kiss, and Old Olive Classic inks, Regal Rose Craft ink, So Saffron, Regal Rose, and Old Olive cardstock, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); circle and petite scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); flowers (Prima); pink grosgrain ribbon (American Crafts); patterned paper (Cosmo Cricket-Honey Pie); self-adhesive pearl (Target)

1 comment:

  1. LOL this card instantly brought a smile to my face...cute image Lori!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips