Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Country Valentine

Diana is hosting this week's sketch challenge at Paper Craft Planet. I made this fun (or funny, I guess) Valentine based on her sample.

I used the cow image from the DoodleFactory Country set from Starving Artistamps for my main image. I love this cutie! The cow is colored with Copic markers. I layered the cow on a Baja Breeze mat with some torn paper grass. I found a pretty heart button to add to the corner of the panel, too.

I used the polka dot background stamp and white craft ink to create the dotted pattern on the red cardstock. White grosgrain ribbon pieces are threaded between the two panels. I don't think I've tried doing this on my cards until I used this sketch. I like how it looks--I'll have to try it again some time.

I stamped the sentiment "I love you like no udder" on a scrap of red cardstock and punched the ends with the word window punch, leaving room to add a small pink heart shaped brad.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Country cow image and sentiment, polka dot background (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); White Craft ink, Pink Pirouette, Real Red, Baja Breeze, and Kiwi Kiss cardstock, white grosgrain ribbon, word window punch, corner rounder, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); heart button (Queen & Co.); heart brad (Making Memories)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lori...this is so adorable. What a cute little bovine! Great job with Di's sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, Lori! I am struggling with what to do with that part where you put the ribbons. I really like how you did yours! And that cow is so darn funny! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips