Friday, January 9, 2009

Clear & Simple Stamps Tag Challenge

I don't usually make tags, but Maria posted a Valentine themed tag challenge in the Clear & Simple Stamps forum on Paper Craft Planet, so I thought I'd give it a try. It was so quick and easy to do and I really like the way mine turned out.

I started with a plain white chipboard heart. The heart was painted with Pink Shimmerz, then stamped with just the "with love" portion of one of the sentiments from the Birthday Darling stamp set. I wasn't sure about how the ink would work over the Shimmerz, but I tried craft ink and it worked just fine. So pretty and shimmery IRL! The heart came with a hole through the top, so I added a piece of red dotted ribbon to it.

I created a simple tag with a piece of polka dotted paper layered on a piece of red cardstock. I arranged the heart on top, then added a single pink button as an embellishment. There is a hole at the top of the tag for attaching it to a gift, but the ribbon on the heart hides it--LOL!

Materials Used:

Birthday Darling stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); chipboard heart (Bazzill); Real Red Craft ink, Real Red cardstock, Candy Lane designer paper, tag corner punch, 1/4" circle punch, white gel pen, pop up glue dot (Stampin' Up!); pink button (Walmart); Pink Shimmerz (i {heart} papers); red Swiss Dot ribbon (Papertrey Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips