Monday, January 12, 2009

i {heart} papers DT Valentine Challenge

The i {heart} papers design team has gotten together today to share some ideas for Valentine's Day cards just for kids. This was a fun challenge! I got the Our Craft Lounge Dr. Pea-nut set with just this purpose in mind. The cute elephant and matching sentiment are perfect for kid cards.

I colored the elephant image with Copic markers, trying to use the colored "guide" enclosed with set the as I colored it. I added the small trio of hearts above the image, colored them, and filled them in with some Stickles, too. I sponged around the image to add the sky and some grass.

The image is paired with fun striped paper from Piggy Tales. I added a light pink ric rac border to the bottom edge of the panel .

After I placed the image, I added a photo corner, embellished with some silver brads to one corner of the image, and the "I'm nuts about you" sentiment on a pair of matted circles to the opposite corner.

This is one of the first cards I've decorated the inside of, too. I've seen more and more stampers doing this, so I thought I'd give it a try, especially since this set had images that lent themselves to it perfectly. I cut a plain white panel to fit inside the card, then stamped the Valentine sentiment and the long peanut border. I colored the border with my Copic markers, too.

Check out the other IHP DT members for more children's Valentine's Day cards. You can find links to their blogs in the sidebar on the left.

Materials Used:
Other: Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic Ciao); Cool Caribbean and Kiwi Kiss Classic inks, Blue Bayou, River Rock, and Rose Red cardstock, sponge, photo corner punch, silver brads, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)

8 comments:

  1. This card is so cute. I love the elephant and the coloring is amazing. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable Lori!! I love that stamp:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun ~ I love that little elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is adorable, I love that elephant.
    Please check out my blog, I gave you an award.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely adorable Lori! Love that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!!! He's sweet! The inside is absolutely fabulous! Love that peanut trail.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips