Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sketches {by Tamara}: Recipe 31

Here's my card for this week's recipe challenge at Sketches {by Tamara}. I'll warn you in advance--it's a bright one! The required ingredients for the challenge were 3 strips of paper, distressing or torn edges, and a tag. I used a sketch from Lauren's blog to pull these elements together.

I used three different patterns from the Sassafras Lass Sunshine Lollipops paper pad. I love the fun patterns on these papers--and the pack is on sale now at i {heart} papers! I picked patterns with warm pinks, oranges, and yellows as the main colors. I layered each of the three panels on bright pink mats with distressed edges before arranging them on the orange card base.

I added a silver-rimmed vellum tag, embellished with a piece of fuschia faux suede ribbon to the card. I have a bunch of these tags in my collection and I haven't used them in a while, so it was nice to be reminded that I have them! I covered one of the ghost hearts in Cotton Candy Stickles and attached that to the rim of the tag, too.

I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do it, but I managed to squeeze in a sentiment from the Hero Arts Heart to Heart stamp set at the bottom of the card.

Be sure to check out Tamara's blog for more cards and scrapbook pages that include these elements. It's amazing how different (and fabulous) everyone's projects are!

Materials Used:

from i {heart} papers: Sassafras Lass Sunshine Lollipops paper pad, May Arts faux suede ribbon, Heidi Swapp ghost heart, Hero Arts Heart to Heart stamp set, Cotton Candy Stickles
other: Raspberry Fizz Palette ink, Raspberry Fizz cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Pumpkin Pie cardstock, distressing tool (Stampin' Up!); silver rimmed vellum tag (?)

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE the bright and fun colours you have here Lori! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty colours on this one Lori!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card - wonderful colors!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. REALLY adorable card, Lori! I love the colors and the way you used the tag and the ghost heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bright for you but put together perfectly and still a clean look! Good work Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the overlapping DPs. I always have such a hard time using more than one or two patterns at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips