Sunday, January 11, 2009

Just Hangin' Out

I was so excited to find my new DoodleFactory Valentine Remix set from Starving Artistamps in my mailbox yesterday afternoon. I used some of the images for this card for today's featured stamper challenge on SCS. My card is based on this one.

I kept the same style of card (tent topper) and color scheme, but exchanged one jungle animal--the leopard--for another--the DF monkey. I colored the monkey image with Copic markers and trimmed around it. It's set on a circle with the stamped and colored vine image and misted with some Caribbean Mist Glimmer Mist for a little shimmer.

The red panel on the front of the card is also stamped with the vine image. I stamped it repeatedly on a diagonal angle to create the pattern. I wrapped a piece of gingham ribbon around the card, then added the sentiment panel, popped up on dimensionals.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Valentine Remix images and Valentine sentiment (Starving Artistamps); Tuxedo Black and Rich Cocoa inks (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic Ciao); Real Red Classic ink, Real Red and Basic Black cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Caribbean Mist Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); black gingham ribbon (Offray)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips