Sunday, January 11, 2009

In the Pink

There's not much that these three cards have in common, except that they all have lots of pink on them. This one is for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge sketch. I used felt flowers instead of cupcakes. I had three different sizes in this American Crafts package, perfect for the three different sized circles on the sketch. Each flower has a different size rhinestone brad at the center. (yes--I had those in three different sizes, too . . . ).

I covered the front of the 4 1/2" square Barely Banana cardfront with a square of pink dotted paper from SU!'s retired Spring Fling paper pack, then arranged the circles with the flowers. I used some coordinating pink ribbon (more from my scrap jar--yay!) to make the "hangers" for the flowers. The sentiment, from Papertrey Ink's Green Thumb set, was stamped in slightly darker Regal Rose craft ink to stand out just a bit.

Materials Used:
Green Thumb stamp set (Papertrey Ink); Regal Rose Craft ink, Barely Banana, Regal Rose, and Pink Pirouette cardstock, Spring Fling designer paper, circle punches, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); felt flowers (American Crafts); rhinestone brads (Making Memories)

This card is for the Anya Dress Up challenge at The Greeting Farm. I "dressed" up my Anya image from the Pretty Hat set with some pink polka dotted paper pieced clothing. I colored the rest of the Anya with Copic markers. I added some flat-backed shimmery embellishments to her necklace and a Shimmerz covered flower pair to her hat. So shimmery IRL!

I layered her on a silver scalloped oval and attached her to a black cardfront along with a piece of elegant flocked pink paper. I stamped the fashion-related sentiment in Silver Encore ink. It stands out nicely against the black.

Materials Used:
Pretty Hat stamp set (The Greeting Farm); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); oval and scalloped oval dies (Nestabilities); Basic Black cardstock, Silver Encore ink (Stampin' Up!); silver ribbon, silver paper, pink flocked paper (Target); flowers (Prima); black Glaze pen (Sakura); Angel Wings Shimmerz (i {heart} papers)

The final card I have tonight is the one I did for today's card sketch at Page Plans. I used a combination of patterned papers from the Garden Party package from Making Memories. I've had it since last spring, but haven't used it yet. The papers coordinate perfectly so it was easy to do colorblocking with the different colors and patterns.

I covered the seams where the different papers meet with some pieces of pink ribbon (more from my scrap jar--yay!). The card is embellished simply, using a flower from a matcing pack of epoxy shapes and a pair of rub-ons from SU!'s Love & Happiness collection.

If you haven't yet, you definitely want to stop by Page Plans and check out the contest that's going on now. There's a *fantastic* prize up for grabs that you don't want to miss out on . . .

Materials Used:
Love & Happiness rub ons, Pink Pirouette and Kiwi Kiss cardstock, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Garden Party papers, Garden Party epoxy shape (Making Memories); 5/8" pink grosgrain ribbon (Morex)

3 comments:

  1. Loving all the pink Lori!! These cards are all very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... you've been busy! Lovely cards! Love the felt flowers in the first one! Thanks for playing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori!
    I am loving your Anya card - she is looking tres chic!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips