Monday, January 12, 2009

Kitchen Sink Monday: Quick Thank Yous

For this week's Kitchen Sink Monday, the Kitchen Sink Crew is sharing ideas for thank you notes. Julie challenged us to create a set of quick and easy to reproduce cards.

For this challenge, I pulled out images from one of the new sets released last week, 3 Step Hearts, along a sentiment from with one of my old favorite KSS sets, Thanks with Style. The "your kindness has touched my heart" sentiment is a perfect match for the heart images in the new set. I paired the images with a few pieces to create my thank you set.

I love the look of craft ink on Kraft cardstock, so that was the basis for my idea. I had some pink and red (or reddish, maybe) heart patterned paper from Heidi Swapp in my collection and paired that with some Kraft cardstock and red satin ribbon for all of my cards. It took almost no time to whip up this trio by keeping the elements and images the same and just changing the arrangement a little on each card.

The nice thing about using craft (or pigment) inks is that they're somewhat opaque. That lets you stamp the solid images over top of each other while maintaining the clear, vivid colors. I made sure to use the lighter ink on the bottom layers for the best look.

For more inspiration, you can visit the other members of the Kitchen Sink Crew. Here's where to find them:


Materials Used:
3 Step Hearts and Thanks with Style stamp sets (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Real Red and Regal Rose Craft ink, Real Red and Kraft cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool (Stampin' Up!); red satin ribbon (Target); patterned paper (Heidi Swapp)

7 comments:

  1. These are so pretty Lori!! Red & Pink is my current favorite color combo!! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love how those colors just pop off the card! That's the perfect sentiment to go along with the hearts too. You always create the most fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these Lori!! I think I need to get some Kraft cardstock since I always love the way it looks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vibrant colors of the hearts on the Kraft paper!! What wonderful Valentine cards!! So reminiscent of school days gone by for me! Great work, Lori!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful! I love the red on kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori, these are fabulous! The sentiment from Thanks with Style is so perfect with the hearts, and the Kraft cardstock base is awesome! It makes the colors so much more vibrant! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sweet Lori! I love the pink and red on the kraft card stock.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips