Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Silly and Sweet

I have another pair of cards made with the DoodleFactory Valentine Remix stamp set from Starving Artistamps. These images are so fun to play with!

I used today's SCS sketch challenge for this one. The piggy pair is colored with Copic markers, then surrounded with sponged-in grass and sky. I added some sparkly red Stickles, too. The "hogs and kisses" sentiment from the Country sentiment set is stamped along the bottom of the image.

I created a polka dotted background panel and layered a pair of coordinating Swiss dot embossing panels across the cardfront. After placing the image panel, I added a pair of red hearts to two of the corners. I used some sparkly red paper for these for a fun effect.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Valentine Remix and Fresh and Funky Farm Sentiments stamp sets, polka dot background stamp (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Raspberry Fizz Palette ink, Raspberry Fizz cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Cool Caribbean and Certainly Celery Classic inks, Pink Pirouette cardstock, sponge, heart punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); heart punch (EK Success); shimmery red paper (Target); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Fruit Punch Stickles (Ranger)

The second card is a quick but cute one. I used mostly scraps of cardstock here--they fit the 4 1/4" square card perfectly. The caramel candy image (yum--I don't like chocolate much, but I like chocolate and caramel together. . .) is colored with Copic markers and embellished with just a tiny bit of Stickles. I cut the candy out and attached it to a pair of circle mats.

The sentiment from the Simply Sweet Sayings set is stamped in brown ink on the red panel. I added a ribbon and a scalloped border to the panel to bring in a little more pink, then put all the pieces together. I think I finished this one in about 20 minutes or so. Not bad!

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Valentine Remix and Simple Sweet Sayings stamp sets (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Pretty in Pink, Real Red, and Close to Cocoa cardstock, scallop edge punch, Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Fruit Punch Stickles (Ranger); circle punch (EK Success); scalloped circle die (Nestabilities)

2 comments:

  1. These are adorable Lori!! Love the pigs in the first one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that hogs and kisses card is adorable! Something about it really "pops!"

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips