Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pop Up Pizzazz

I made this cheerful card for Kristina's latest color inspiration challenge. This week's colors were Pretty in Pink, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, and Whisper White. In addition to using Kristina's colors, I also took some inspiration from the photo clip she shared. The floral images on the notepad immediately brought to mind the images from SU!'s new Petal Pizzazz set.

I stamped the solid flower image in Ruby Red ink and cut it out. It lines up with the SU! scallop circle punch, but I wanted it to be smaller so I could layer it on one of the scalloped circles. I also added one of the cute little Flower Fusion felt flowers, held in place with a pink rhinestone brad.

I've wanted to try one of these flip up cards for a while now and thought that this image would work perfectly for this style of card. I used a scalloped circle Nestabilities die to cut a 1/2 scalloped circle in the front panel of the card. The circle is only cut to the score line at the center of the card so it is still attached to the card base. It "flips" up when the card is closed and lies flat when the card is open. The flower piece is attached to the center of the circle with a dimensional.

The rest of the card is pretty simple--a panel of designer paper with a solid strip across the bottom for the sentiment, embellished with some satin ribbon and a scalloped edge. Now that I've figured out how to do one of these cards, I'll have to come up with some other versions . . .

Materials Used:
Petal Pizzazz and Short & Sweet Stamp sets, Ruby Red Classic ink, Ruby Red, Pretty in Pink, Pumpkin Pie, and Whisper White cardstock, Spring Fling designer paper, mat pack and paper piercing tool, Flower Fusion felt flower, scallop circle punch, scallop edge punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); white satin ribbon (Target); scallop circle die (Nestabilities); pink rhinestone brad (Making Memories)

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love the colours! Your pop of white on the flowers is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I just love your site.... and I gave you an award today...
    http://jillamina.blogspot.com/2009/01/flattered.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute - love the flower layering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I've never tried a flip up card! Looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips