Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sketches {by Tamara}: Recipe 33

Here's my card for this week's recipe challenge at Sketches {by Tamara}. This week's three required ingredients were a die cut, buttons, and ribbon. I finished my card, then realized that I had forgotten the ribbon! I managed to incorporate it into the design without too much of a problem.

I based my card on Lauren's Saturday sketch challenge. I wanted to use some of the pretty Basic Grey Bittersweet paper for my card and thought the paper looked nice with a Kraft cardstock background, so I built my card around these elements.

I stamped one of the sentiments from the Hero Arts All Occasions Messages stamp set for the card's focal point. This is a great all-around sentiment set. I'm glad I've added it to my collection--I know I'll use it a lot. I layered the sentiment panel on a scalloped border with mini hearts punched out of each scallop. You can see where I managed to squeeze in just a bit of the forgotten ribbon in the form of a brown faux suede ribbon tab under the sentiment panel.

I used a pair of Nestabilities heart dies as an embellishment. I added a pink puffy heart to the center of the die cut. The scalloped edges were a perfect match to the heart border.

And for those of us who aren't able to be there, Kate from i {heart} papers has continued to send back news and previews from CHA. Yesterday, Loretta shared the news, including photos of some fabulous new papers from Upsy Daisy and gcd studios. Today, Tracy will be filling you in, so be sure to check out what news she has from Kate.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Hero Arts All Occasions Messages stamp set, Basic Grey Bittersweet-Mousse designer paper, May Arts brown faux suede ribbon, The Card Co. pink puffy heart

other: Cranberry Crisp Classic ink, Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip, Cranberry Crisp, and Kraft cardstock, white gel pen, 3/4" circle punch (Stampin' Up!); mini hearts edge punch (Martha Stewart); buttons (Walmart)

5 comments:

  1. This card is sooooo sweet. Ilvoe the pink pillow heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the kraft with this bittersweet!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card and I love those buttons. Walmart....hmmm have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips