Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Blue Bird Garden

It's snowy and cold here today. I'm still not feeling better, so I stayed home from work to try to sleep my sick off. I ventured outside this afternoon to shovel the snow from my steps and sidewalk and to clear off my car. I must have been quite a sight in my long coat, faux Ugg boots, and pajamas with my unbrushed hair pulled up in a ponytail! These are the moments when I'm less than thrilled to be a single female homeowner . . .

I managed to make a quick card to share with you using the colors from today's SCS color challenge. The colors--Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, and Garden Green--fit nicely with my favorite Unity stamp kit, Giggle Grove.

I created a grassy setting using torn strips of Garden Green along the bottom of a Baja Breeze panel. I rubbed some White craft ink and Garden Green Classic ink along the torn edges to give it some texture. I used a scrap of Wild Wasabi (not Garden Green, I know, but close enough!) to paper piece the tree and added a Pacific Point bird. The "i'm here from you" sentiment from August's Kit of the Month is stamped in Pacific Point ink along the side of the panel.

I plan on going back to work in the morning, so I'm off to relax for the rest of the evening while watching some TV in bed--American Idol (maybe they'll show the Salt Lake City auditions tonight?) and then the basketball Wisconsin Badgers on ESPN. Hopefully they'll end their losing streak tonight . . .

Materials Used:Giggle Grove stamp kit , August Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); Pacific Point, Garden Green, and Chocolate Chip Classic inks, White Craft ink, Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, and Garden Green cardstock, Baja Breeze Patterns and Wild Wasabi Prints Series designer paper, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); green Bella Dots (Stamping Bella)

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love the little baubles you used. Great card for the color challenge. Hope you feel better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you did the card with all the different elements! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips