Friday, February 13, 2009

i {heart} papers DT Challenge

The members of the i {heart} papers design team are participating in another challenge today. The challenge was to use some "seasonal" products like paper or stamps to create a project that's not related to that season.

I still have some scraps of the Be Merry designer papers from My Mind’s Eye’s winter holiday line. I love this stuff! The colors are soft, kind of non-traditional colors, which is what I prefer for my holiday cards. I used my winter holiday paper along with the Hero Arts Whoo Loves You stamp set, which is sort of Valentine's Day themed, to make a pair of baby cards.

I didn’t have much of the designer paper left, so my cards have slightly different dimensions, but are the same basic layout. I picked out card bases to coordinate with the colors in the patterned papers, then attached a panel of the patterned paper directly to the cardfront. I pulled some coordinating ribbon pieces from my stash to attach to the left side of the patterned paper panel, extending beyond the edges of the patterned piece. Had I remembered to pick up more white thread while I was searching for a replacement Cuttlebug C plate, I might have added a row of machine stitching to the ribbon for an extra fun detail . . .

I stamped the pair of bird images from the Whoo Loves You set in rose ink on a soft pink cardstock circle. The circle is layered on a scalloped circle, then attached to the cardfront. I stamped the “congratulations” sentiment from the Hero Arts All Occasions Messages set on white cardstock, then layered that over the stamped image.

You can find links to the other DT members in the sidebar on the left. And, be sure to stop by SCS to check out the i {heart} papers banner ads. The ads have a discount code for a special sale that runs through Sunday.

Materials Used:
From i {heart} papers:
My Mind’s Eye Be Merry designer papers, Hero Arts Whoo Loves You and All Occasions Messages stamp sets, May Arts light fuschia faux suede ribbon and light pink velvet ric rac, Nestabilities circle and scalloped circle dies, labels trio dies, Pink Shimmerz

Other: Regal Rose Classic ink, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss, and Whisper White cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!)

9 comments:

  1. Cute! Cute! Cute! Lori:) I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Lori!! Love the colours you chose on these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!! I love using the birds as a mommy and baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute cards Lori! I used the same paper as you. Looks like we were on the same wavelength. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the birds. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards - so very pretty. This paper is beautiful regardless of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are very sweet Lori! I love that DP too and was about to use some the other day, thinking it would go with anything...even spring! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips