Friday, February 13, 2009

Blogger Challenge: Week 86

This week’s blogger challenge was to create a project with a Valentine theme. I’ve shared a bunch of Valentine projects over the past month, but I have a few more still up my sleeve. I made some quick Valentine’s Day cards to send to friends and family. I didn’t want to share them until I was fairly certain they had reached their intended recipients, but I think it’s safe now.

Since I needed to make a few, I chose a simple design that would be easy to reproduce in a short time (why can’t I learn this lesson for my holiday cards??).I am loving the Raspberry Fizz and black color combination lately, so that’s what I went with for my cards. I used Papertrey Ink’s Heart Prints set for all of the images on the cardfront. The large dotted heart is stamped directly on the cardfront in black pigment ink. The smaller heart was stamped in Raspberry Fizz ink on a scrap of white cardstock, then punched out with a coordinating heart punch.

The ribbon is threaded through the cardfront and tied around in the front. I cut a small slit in the black dotted heart to thread the ribbon through. When I attached the smaller heart to the cardfront using a dimensional, I set it so that it hid the slit (and end of the ribbon). I used the ribbon as a guide for stamping the small “xoxo” sentiment, also in black pigment ink.

For more Valentine ideas, you can visit the rest of the blogger challenge participants. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
Heart Prints stamp set, Raspberry Fizz Palette ink, Raspberry Fizz cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Basic Black Craft ink, Basic Black cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); black satin ribbon (Target)

24 comments:

  1. Those colours look awesome together, and what a simple but effective card.

    :) Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, clean looking card! Although the design is simple...the color combo makes it striking! perfect balance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! Simple and striking is best, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the clean look to your cards. Great color combination too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, very cute and simple card. Love this color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful "Pop" of color for this sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful card, Lori and a great use of this set! BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! I love how you did the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, Lori. So clean and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the simplicity of this. It is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Clean looking, and sweet....love the simple lines of the card. Just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a striking card Lori! This is a wonderful color combination! Happy Valentine's Day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes! That Raspberry Fizz and black is a fantastic color combo! Love the elegant look you achieved with a simple layout! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The simplicity of the card actually makes it look dramatic. I love how the ribbon only extends 3/4 of the card front. nice touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the simplicity of this card! Great colors chosen too.
    Nola

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simple, beautiful, and spot on! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree...the simplicity is stunning on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty! Clean and simple, but striking!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips