Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Blue or Pink?

I made this pair of cards for today's SCS sketch challenge. My mom's always asking me for baby cards, so I thought I'd use the sketch to make a pair--one for a boy, one for a girl.

I used a monochromatic color scheme on both cards--Pink Pirouette and Regal Rose for the girl card, Bashful Blue and Ballet Blue for the boy card. I stamped the giraffe image from Wild About You (one of my all time faves for baby cards) in craft ink on the lighter of the monochromatic color pair.

I used a simple patterned paper from the Prints and Patterns paper packs for the large panel on the cardfront. I went with stripes for the girl card and dots for the boy one. I cut coordinating ribbon strips for across each card and added a button, threaded with twine, on the left end of each strip. I think the total amount of time it took me to make both of these cards was 30 minutes. That leaves plenty of time for watching Lost later on tonight. . .

Materials Used:
Wild About You and Short & Sweet stamp sets, Ballet Blue and Regal Rose Craft inks, Ballet Blue, Bashful Blue, Regal Rose, and Pink Pirouette cardstock, Bashful Blue Prints and Pink Pirouette Patterns designer series paper, Regal Rose 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); white grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); buttons, white twine (Walmart)

1 comment:

  1. Very cute baby cards, Lori! I love that giraffe image. . .I don't have too many baby type images. I really don't know too many people with little babies. Your cards turned out fabulous. LOve your use of the buttons!!

    maria

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips