Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Unity Challenge: Week 26

Here's my card for this week's Unity Addict challenge. Sherry, one of our challenge participants, lost her mother this week, so we decided to make sympathy cards to send to her.

I used Unity's Gratitude=Joy set for my card. The color combination is one I used a lot when I first started stamping, but don't use as much now. I think it's kind of a soothing mix.

The leaf is stamped in Old Olive ink against a softly inked River Rock rectangle I created by sponging inside of a rectangle Nestabilities die. I used repositionable adhesive to hold the die in place temporarily while I added the ink.

I added a trio of delicate vellum butterflies to the stamped image. They're covered with a light coat of Angel Wings Shimmers.

There's no sentiment on the front since I don't have a Unity sympathy stamp, but I think that works okay here. It's the personal message that matters most in a sympathy card, anyway, I think.

You can find links to the rest of the challenge participants in the sidebar on the right of my blog.

Materials Used:
Gratitude=Joy kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Old Olive and River Rock Classic inks, Mellow Moss, Perfect Plum, and Very Vanilla cardstock, sponge, Mellow Moss grosgrain ribbon, scallop edge punch (Stampin' Up!); cream satin ribbon (Target); butterfly punch (Martha Stewart); Angel Wings paint (Shimmerz); rectangle die (Nestabilities)

4 comments:

  1. love the sponged bg. beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is really beautiful, Lori! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is lovely Lori. I just saw that technique on another web site and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, this is such a pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips