Saturday, March 28, 2009

Gina's Elegant Flowers

I've been playing with my Elegant Flowers set from Gina K Designs today. I really like the mix of solid and line images in the set. I created two very different looking cards with the images.

Here, I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch to create a feminine card. One of the line image flowers is stamped on a white panel. I masked the flower image with a sticky note to add the stem. The image is colored with Copic markers. I coated it with a layer of Angel Wings Shimmerz, too.

I used both sides of a piece of patterned paper from K & Company's Wild Raspberry paper pad for the panels on the cardfront. The flower images in the paper's pattern looked kind of similar to the stamped image to me. I arranged the paper panels, then layered the colored flower image on top. A piece of red taffeta ribbon is wrapped around the panel.

It's hard to see in the photo, but the "thank you" sentiment is stamped directly on the red patterned paper. It shows up much better IRL!

Materials Used:
Elegant Flowers stamp set (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); white Choice Cardstock (Taylored Expressions); markers (Copic Ciao); Baja Breeze and Pink Pirouette cardstock, scallop edge punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (K & Company-Wild Raspberry); Angel Wings paint (Shimmerz)

On this card, I used one of the bleach stamping techniques Gina showed off on Stamp TV. I used one of the solid silhouette flower images on Chocolate Chip cardstock. I dipped it in a bleach "inkpad" I made with a paper towel and an empty SU! clamshell box. I thought that using something with a lid might keep me from having a bleach disaster . . .

I layered the bleached image on a slightly larger vanilla panel, then on a Kiwi Kiss panel with distressed edges. I thought the distressing went well with the look of the bleached images.

I used a panel of My Mind's Eye paper with stripes in earth tones to cover some of the Baja Breeze card base. The image panel is layered over this, along with a cream button tied with some twine. The sentiment is centered under the image along the bottom of the card.

Materials Used:
Elegant Flowers stamp set (Gina K Designs); Chocolate Chip Classic ink, Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, and Very Vanilla cardstock, distressing tool (Stampin' Up!); cream button (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (My Mind's Eye-Wild Asparagus Brothers Stripe ); twine (Walmart)

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Great distressed edge. I haven't used bleach in a while, but I'm inspired to use it now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips