Thursday, March 5, 2009

One Tree Times Two

I haven’t tried one of Mary Jo’s sketch challenges in a while, so I thought I’d give this week’s simple sketch a try. I finished this card in less than 30 minutes using only Stampin’ Up! supplies.

I used the fun Trendy Trees set for the focal image, stamped in Kiwi Kiss and Close to Cocoa. I have a sheet of thick acetate, stamped with the set’s tree trunk images in StazOn, that I keep with the set so that it’s quick and easy to line up the images with my Stamp-a-ma-jig. That’s one of my favorite stamping tips for those sets where I know I’ll want to use the SAMJ to keep things straight.

I love the colors from the Urban Oasis paper pack. I used a strip of paper from this pack along the left side of the card. I placed a strip of Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon to cover where the patterned paper meets the solid card base, then layered the stamped tree image and mats over it.

Materials Used (from Stampin’ Up!):
Trendy Trees stamp set, Kiwi Kiss and Close to Cocoa Classic inks, Close to Cocoa, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Urban Oasis designer series paper, 1 3/8” and 1 ¾” circle punches, silver brad, Chocolate Chip 5/8” grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals


And, since my Great Swaps Girls new catalog swaps arrived in my mailbox yesterday, I figure it's safe to share my contribution now. Wow, are these ladies talented! The cards are fabulous. Anyway, here's mine using Branch Out.

I stamped the tree image and leaves on a Baja Breeze panel using craft inks. The tire swing image was colored with markers, then stamped on to the image.

I kept the layout simple to keep the focus on the image. I added some Chocolate Chip accents--a photo corner, a knotted piece of ribbon, and a scalloped strip--and a simple sentiment panel using one of the sentiments from Trendy Trees.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Branch Out and Trendy Trees stamp sets, Baja breeze Classic ink, Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery, and Old Olive Craft inks, Close to Cocoa and Basic Black markers, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla cardstock, scallop edge punch, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, silver brad, photo corner punch

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic tree cards Lori!!! I seem to be into them lately! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both cards. You make me want all the stamps out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, love those papers and the trendy trees are so fun. Great job. Great job on the swap card too, fun layout. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips