Thursday, March 5, 2009

Meet My New Forest Friends

I love the cute images from The Greeting Farm and couldn’t resist ordering the new Forest Friends stamp set when it was first available to preorder. It arrived in my mailbox earlier this week and I put it to use right away for two different blogger sketch challenges.

This one’s for this week’s Mojo Monday sketch. The owl image is colored with Copic markers, highlighted with some Shimmerz paint, and cut out. I placed it on the little nighttime scene with dimensionals. I added a moon, made with a combination of circle punches, to complete the simple scene.

I’m still working my way through the packs of Bella Rose designer paper I got last summer, so I used some of that for the large panel on the cardfront. I used a piece of Kiwi Kiss ribbon down the front of the card. The bow is separate from the ribbon. I tied it, then attached it to the ribbon strip with a glue dot.

Materials Used:
Forest Friends stamp set (The Greeting Farm); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Baja Breeze Classic ink, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, and Kraft cardstock, Bella Rose designer series paper, Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain ribbon, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); Angel Wingz paint (Shimmerz)

This card is based on Jen’s Sketch for You to Try. The deer is colored with Copic markers. I added some white Fun Flock to its head and belly—so cute! I used a sponge to add the sky and some grass as a background.

I used bright colors for the rest of the card as a contrast to the brown of the deer image. The cardfront is covered with a piece of dotted Prima paper. I added a wide apple green grosgrain ribbon around the cardfront and placed a turquoise scalloped strip beneath the ribbon. The sentiment panel overlaps the ribbon and the image panel. I added a pair of matching Prima flowers to the cardfront, joined with a sparkly brad.

Materials Used:
Forest Friends stamp set (The Greeting Farm); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Sasha Collection patterned paper, flowers (Prima); New Leaf Palette ink, New Leaf cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Tempting Turquoise Classic ink, Tempting Turquoise and Gable Green cardstock, 1 ¼” and 1 3/8” circle punches (Stampin’ Up!); white Fun Flock (Stampendous); rhinestone brad (Target); green ribbon (Offray)

5 comments:

  1. These are both so CUTE!! I love the papers! The images are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are adorable, love the images

    ReplyDelete
  3. these images are adorable! I esp love the owl! cute cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable cards! Those images are just precious!

    I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips