Sunday, July 26, 2009

Baby Boy Giraffe

The start of school is a little over a month away here and I know that the new school year will bring requests for baby cards for the families at my mom's school. I used today's featured stamper challenge on SCS to get a head start with a cute baby boy card based on this one.

My card uses the same layout with just a few changes to the design elements. I used an image from the DoodleFactory Animal set from Starving Artistamps as my focal image. I stamped Dabble, the giraffe, on pale yellow cardstock, then carefully cut around the image. The image is layered on a darker blue dot embossed oval. I used a strip of scalloped paper, run through my crimper, to create the ruffled scalloped border around the oval.

I stamped the blue cardfront with the polka dot background in matching blue ink. The sentiment, from the sentiment set, is stamped in blue ink to match the oval panel behind the stamped image. I added a matching blue twill bow, embellished with a button, to finish the card.
If you're a DoodleFactory fan, you'll want to stop by Starving Artistamps to check out the latest release--fun, as always. And, don't forget that you can use the code savetenLT to save 10% on your Starving Artistamps and DoodleFactory stamp purchases.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Animals set, Sentiments Baby set, polka dot background (Starving Artistamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Bashful Blue Classic ink, Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, and Ballet Blue cardstock, Delicate Dots designer paper, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Spring Rain twill, Spring Rain button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); crimper, Threading Water punch (Fiskars); oval die (Nestabilities)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips